Find Local Craft: Tourism
Handmade in America has always promoted community tourism as an opportunity to build the region's economy. We have developed guidebooks promoting the roads less traveled, set up tours on farms, in studios and small towns, and advocated for initiatives that focus on bonding visitors with craft, people, and place.
If you are planning a trip to Western North Carolina and want to connect with the craft community, check out the following links.
- HandMade in America Trip Planner In development, coming soon.
- Blue Ridge National Heritage Area
- Homegrown Handmade
- North Carolina Tourism Extension
- The Cherokee Nation
- The Smoky Mountain Host
- The Blue Ridge Mountain Host
- High Country Host
- Explore Asheville
- North Carolina Official Travel & Tourism Department
- And don't forget to check out HandMade in America's guidebooks. You may purchase these wonderful pocket guidebooks at anytime, by calling 828-252-0121.